Saturday, August 29, 2009

occupational therapy vs physiotherapy

Well, in case you didn't know. I broke my wrist few months ago. Had a scaphoid fracture and perilunette (if I don't spell it wrong) dislocation during mid of March 2009. Had a surgery of screw and k-wire implant. K-wire was removed after 6 weeks.

About that, I'll elaborate more in my future post. I want to show you about my therapy. There's 2 type of therapy. First is the occupational therapy which I did in Queen Elizabeth Hospital, KK. The 2nd is Physiotherapy I did in Lintas Square Plaza, KK. What's the different? Well, what I know is that, occupational therapy only treats and helps you recover until the condition which you can get back to your occupation. Physiotherapy is more to helping you recover back fully as much as possible to your normal condition. But, normally, you can never get fully recover when you had a fracture or injury in any part of your body. You have to feel the pain to get yourself recover. They had lots of massage therapy and it's killing me.

Initially, my hands was all stiff. I can't fucking moved my fingers at all. I managed to get a grip after 2 months. THE PAIN WAS GOOD. It was a very good experience for me.

Lintas Square Plaza's Physiotherapy scenario:

Here's some photos of it. This is what they called the UV-wave therapy. This only available in Physiotherapy in Lintas Square Plaza, KK.

Sorry if the photos are too dark. I can't get enough light for the photos. They close the light and let me lying there to fall asleep during the therapy.

This things works on my hand for around 15-20 minutes, I guess


I'm not really sure what's the purpose for this machine. I was told it was used to heal the 'adhesion' in between the scar after the surgery. You can feel electricity pulse when this thing is working. My fingers and wrist starting to shake during this period.

After the UV-therapy, I went for waxing and massage. Sorry, I couldn't get any photos for that one cause I don't get enough time to take photo during the waxing period. At the same time, my hand was all round up like a Mike Tyson. The waxing are for releasing the stiff tendon and joint in the hand for further massage therapy. The massage therapy was quite simple by the way. I can even do it back in my room. Last but not least, this physiotherapy is a private clinic, so I was charge RM37 for each session. *wtf*


Queen Elizabeth Hospital scenario:

Okay, sorry I don't get any photos during this period. I'll post some more if I managed to capture few. Lately, there's some problem with the attitude of the therapist there. Not mentioning how they work, once their boss is not around, because she's pregnant, they seem not to care much about my condition. Not me, but the others as well, I believed. I'm only on a occupational therapy here which they only did passive and active massage therapy. Not much from using the therapy machine there. I don't know when will they start appreciating those great hi-tech machine by letting the patient to use it. They keep telling I'll be using those thing BUT until now, I never even step in that room for therapy. Looks as if it's fully booked. Once you had it, don't just keep it there for exhibition. Let us recover, will ya? *wtf*

The waxing machine there are better than the private clinic. And yeah, the waxing machine broke down for like how many weeks already but there is no one there to repair it. It's okay for you but not okay for us, patient.

Well, this is my dinner. I bought 'Nasi Briyani' and 'Roti John'.

This is 'Nasi Briyani Ayam'
I only realised I haven't take photos of 'Roti John' after I consumed it. *wtf* next time.


Well, adios amigo.

No comments: