Monday, September 14, 2009

UMS Media Cyber Week

Well, last Saturday, our team joined Dota Tournament held by the Engineering School. We actually lost in the first round. *wtf*


Don't even try to be funny when you're in such a serious game. My team went for drafting and we met this team, Bad Guys for our first round. They were once named Whisper. We would never expect them to win the game and we were shitting about 2nd round against ORB. I admitted we were being too proud for looking down on Whisper.

The following are the line-up:
Bad Guys
Line Up
1) Kunkka
2) Puck
3) Warlock
4) Viper
5) Undying

Ban
1) Rhasta
2) Nerubian Assassin
3) Necrolyte
4) Treant Protector? I can't remember

Mistake (our team)
Line Up
1) Dragon Knight
2) Gondar
3) Crystal Maiden
4) Krobelus
5) Beastmaster

Ban
1) Earthshaker
2) Tidehunter
3) Priestess of the Moon
4) Sorry I can't remember

I was surprised that we lost. Puck and Kunkka both do not contribute a lot in the game. Kunkka always missed his ship and Puck does not silent a lot. Undying, Warlock and Viper was okay. What they had is the teamwork and we never push and there're no teamwork among us. Lots of contestant was hoping that we would win this match. Not to say that we were the finalist for last month Dota Competition held by the UMS PC FAIR 2009. It's like during World Cup 2002 where Senegal shocked the world by beating France 1 nil. It's psychology and the mentality, my friend. They can't even differentiate between Sentinel and Scourge so what the FUCK.

I was playing Dragon Knight and I admitted I was not playing well in the game too. I didn't farm properly and I was feeding in the early game when they knew I was playing the farmer role while the rest were hunting and trying to push. I ONLY had the capable of killing hero when they are on the way knocking the frozen throne down. They had Undying as farmer and Viper as hunter. We had Gondar as hunter.

Here's our team history
2007
UMS Science and PC Fair, July - Knocked out by Royal in 2nd round

2009
SKTM Dota Tournament? i think - Knocked out by ORB in Semi Final
UMS PC Fair, August - Finalist. We end up 1st runner-up.
Media Cyber Week, September - Knocked out by Whisper in 1st round.

For your information, ORB was defeated by Whisper twice before. Shit. We never knew these people were from team Whisper. They are not playing THAT well too and their faces don't look like a professional player too.

So far, Royal are far much better than the others. Not to forget NETZ from my hometown, Sibu as well.

A lesson to be learn for me.
1. Never look down on anyone.
2. Don't be too proud and overconfident.


I really wished someone would organize Starcraft tournament. I would love to watch this game.

6 comments:

custer said...

yeah baby

Unknown said...

Am I still eligible in HoV? lol

custer said...

HoV is disbanded

Unknown said...

cool

alek said...

wat the fuck!!!
is ur fault man...
Mtk]double-a....hahaha!!
next time should nt look down for a team which dunno whr is sentinel and scourge!!!may be they jz cheat us!!

Unknown said...

fuck.

The first phrase you told me is that we're playing with ORB in quarter before we even play with the first round. LOL